As most people predict, old age need to be a source of misery. Although there is no denying the fact that with the progression of age a lot of mental and physical changes occur in people. But with the right approach and mind set one can most easily dodge the common ailments that agonizes septuagenarians and octogenarians. So we recommend the following wellness tips for people so they can age gracefully and also improve their longevity and reduce the risk of developing severe physical and mental ailments.
Make sure to stay active
Compared to the previous generations, the nature of job in recent times is such that most of the time is spent sitting on a chair rather than doing a physical activity. Pertaining to such lifestyles, there is a dire need to incorporate an exercise regimen in the daily activities in order to maintain a healthy life. Follow a simple plan that gives equal focus on all areas of the body.
- Exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes a day.
- Substitute your regular gym exercises for walk in the park, trekking or hiking.
- Men especially, should perform regular muscle strengthening exercises.
- Whenever possible climb a staircase instead of opting for the lift.
- Perform fun activities with your family to avoid being bored of the mundane and regular exercises.
By staying active, one can avoid ailments like heart attack, diabetes and hypertension that can be commonly seen in elder people.
Avoid smoking and drinking
This equally applies to both young and old people. These habits promote rapid aging and also lead to grave health dangers such as cancer. In addition smoking can also increase the formation of more wrinkles on the skin. So with the support of the great volume of resources present on the internet, you can try to quit these habits as early as possible. Do you feel anxious because of excessive drinking? Ativan is an anti-anxiety pill which is also prescribed to reduce anxious feelings in people who drink. Ativan can be bought online from an authentic online drugstore in a cheaper price. The online medical experts at the legitimate place will decide on what the right dosage strength is for each individual.
Practice positive outlook over life
As a person ages he/she is more likely to face emotional trauma due to the loss of loved ones including spouse, friends and relatives. These nerve wreaking experiences can really take a toll on a person’s wellbeing if they are not dealt with properly. Deal with emotional trauma by pursuing the below tips:
- Instead of bottling your feelings, share them with people who are near and dear to you. This can help you greatly in dealing with emotional pain.
- Practice being thankful for the abundance that life has provided. No matter what problems you have being thankful is one way to change your perception of life.
- Do not be idle and involve yourself in some or other activity as much as possible. You can learn hobbies that fun and engaging.
- Spend more time with children
Although these tips may not completely erase your troubles and suffering, they can come a long way in helping you cope with loss.
These are various safety concerns that elderly people should keep in mind to ensure their wellbeing.
- As shakiness is quite common in older age avoid driving as much as possible.
- Practice extra caution while walking on smooth or watery floors as even a small slip can lead to serious health concerns.
- Be totally equipped for the change of weather because senior citizens are at a high risk of being effected by hot/cold weather.
- As insomnia is a great problem for the elderly, make sure to sleep in a room that is dark and noise free so that you can maintain uninterrupted sleep.
- Perform regular health checkups so as to enable yourself to opt for the right treatment at the earliest.